Friday, July 15, 2011

Arrival in Rome

This guy stood in the crosswalk bouncing a soccer ball off of his head.

Collosseum

Aboard the GLT bus tour of Rome
We arrived in Rome at about noon. I hardly slept on the flight. Watched most of Black Swan, too. Wrote, cried, tried to sleep. We rested for a couple of hours then roused ourselves to get on a bus that toured Rome. The Collosseum, the Vatican and other monuments were on the chart. We scoped them from the outside. Tomorrow will be for further exploration. I was in awe. The streets of Rome are narrow and the buildings tall. One street would be very commercial, then the bus would round a sharp angle that it could barely pass, narrowly missing cars, scooters and pedestrians, and suddenly I was gazing upon ancient ruins. I can't fully digest the age of the Collosseum and the fact that I was standing in front of its magnitude. I'm so tired. Tonight, for dinner we went to a place that had the most aloof waiters ever. Strange.

No comments: