My brain is so full of information its reeling. We arrived in Venice yesterday by train, got off a stop too early, had to take a local train for 1 Euro per person that went over a tremendous bridge. Again, overwhelming. Venice is one enormous art installation. The layers of brick and plaster and multicolored paint showing through where time has eroded away. I let the waiter order for us at dinner, which was a mistake and awesome at the same time. He brought us two 35 Euro per plate fish entrees. It was delicious and heavenly, although expensive, we were glad for the treat. We had had a long ride on the bus-boat from Murano to Burano and back to San Lucia Venezia. I am so happy. My heart has become weary from all the happiness and beauty and it is slumbering in the intoxication of all the love seen in art and ideas here. I want to live in Venice.
 |
| Lunch: Calzone and Bellini |
I am so happy. I am going to the Venice Biennale today. I don't think we'll get to go again tomorrow. Sunday, we leave for the States. So soon! This trip is heavy and I am growing accustomed to the physical and mental/emotional exertion on a daly basis. Back in the States I want to keep up my activity levels as I have been here. I feel charged and ready to create! The Biennale is going to punctuate this even more urgently. I must maintain discipline. My children need to feel this energy too. I want to pour this enthusiasm for creating into them, enthusiasm to learn and explore. I am looking forward to being with them and sharing my days with them as fully as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment